How to recover data from a password protected Excel file whose password we have forgotten or lost using Google Sheets. Watch the video:
A number of people who protect their workbook or worksheet often forget or lose this password. Now if they wish to work with the data, they cannot access it. There are a number of free methods mentioned on the internet including using Visual Basic for Applications or macro code to recover the data but such methods do not provide the needed results. Using Google sheets is an elegant and sure shot method of recovering the password protected data for free. Paid methods are also available like PassFab.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Apps icon and select ‘Sheets’ as shown in the image below:
4. Start a new spreadsheet
5. From the file menu select import:
6. Click on Upload. Choose the file from your computer to upload as shown in the video.
7. When the file is uploaded select ‘Replace Spreadsheet’ and then, click on ‘Import Data’. The protected Excel sheet is now open.
8. Go to the File > Download as > Microsoft Excel. Now, you can work with your excel file. It is not password-protected anymore.