How to open a password protected Excel worksheet whose password has been lost.
1. Create a Gmail account
2. Log into your Gmail account
3. Click on documents
4. Click on upload
5. Google Docs automatically allows you to make changes and saves the file
6. Download the file as an ‘Excel’ file
7. It is saved as an ‘xls’ file which means the version 1997 to 2003.
8. We can now ‘re-save’ the file using our Excel 2007 application in the ‘xlsx’ format
9. Work done!
Of course there are also other solutions available like using Open Office or a macro or commercial software.
Watch the training video below to learn how to open a password protected worksheet whose password has been lost in Microsoft Excel: